Tuesday, April 5, 2011

CAN

this week has started out pretty rough for me.
i have been thinking about my life a lot and what i want out of it.
i've definitely been in need of a little pick-me-up and came home today to find this
poem my moms great-grandmother wrote. usually, quotes and inspirational thoughts don't 
do anything for me. but this one was just what i needed to read...

"I removed the 'T' from can't today,
How I wish I had done it before.
I buried it deep in an ocean of love,
It doesn't exist anymore.

And can is the word that remains in its stead,
What a spirit of conquest is there.
What courage I've found, what freedom and peace,
Abundance and happiness rare.

For 'T' stood for trouble and troubles galore,
For terror and tyrannous power.
And tears, weary tears, and tidings of woe
And tiresome tasks every hour.

And now they have vanished, I buried that 'T'
It dissolved in the ocean of love.
For I CAN and I AM and I WILL and I DO,
I can see the skies clear above.

Oh, I know I have troubles, real problems to solve.
But I follow a rule and a plan.
And the rule always proves and the plan always works
For I AM and I WILL and I CAN."

isn't that so inspiring? and to think those are her own words,
wrote in her own personal journal. i haven't met her, 
but she knew exactly what i needed to hear.

thanks great great (?) grandma monson.
your words have inspired me today.



Photo cred, wehearit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment